Here's a brief summary of how to make your own Darn-It Granny:
1. Fill a child size sock 1/4 full of rice or beans.
2. Fill the sock with cotton batting until the sock is 3/4 full.
3. Tie an elastic band around the remainder of the sock top.
4. Cut slits down the remaining top of the sock to form hair, and tuck ends into elastic to form a bun.
5. Using beads or buttons, sew on eyes.
6. Sew nose and mouth as desired. Don't worry about making it perfect. Imperfections will form Granny's wrinkles.
7. Cut an extra strip of sock in contrasting color and tie around the neck for a scarf.
8. Bend a paper clip to form Granny's spectacles.
9. Fill with your darning needles or sewing pins and...